Hobby Boss Model Ships 1/200 Japanese Battleship HIJMS Mikasa 1902
This Product Usually Ships In 3-4 Business DaysHBB-82002
The Mikasa is a pre-dreadnought battleship built for the Imperial Japanese Navy (IJN) in the late 1890s and was the only ship of her class. Mikasa, named after Mount Mikasa, was laid down by Vickers at their Barrow-in-Furness shipyard on 24 January 1899, and launched on 8 November 1900 and completed on 1 March 1902.
The battleship HIJMS Mikasa was the flagship of Admiral Togo at the famous sea battle of the Tsushima Straights during the Russo-Japanese War 1904-05. The Japanese Imperial Fleet destroyed the Russian Fleet thereby bringing both sides to the peace table thus ending the war, the first time an Asiatic nation defeated a European power.
- Highly detailed plastic pieces molded in grey, black and clear
- Hull split into two parts
- Deck wood pattern finely rendered
- Realistically detailed gun barrels with hollow ends made from slide mold
- Display stand and photo-etched name plate
- Photo-etched parts
- Waterslide decals
- Illustrated instructions