Tamiya Model Ships 1/700 HMS Repulse Battle Cruiser Waterline Kit
This Product Usually Ships In 2-3 Business DaysTAM-31617
About the British Battle Cruiser Repulse
Launched in 1916, the H.M.S. Repulse took part in WWI naval actions before being refitted during the inter-war years. When WWII broke out, the Repulse was in the Atlantic, escorting convoys, hunting German commerce raiders, covering Allied forces near Norway, and chasing German capital ships such as the Bismarck. She was then transferred to the Far East as a deterrent against Japanese aggression. Together with the Prince of Wales and 4 destroyers, the Repulse formed Force Z, which sortied from Singapore in December 1941 and was sighted by Japanese aircraft. In the resulting attack, both the Repulse and Prince of Wales were famously sunk, demonstrating that even capital ships were vulnerable to air attack.
About the Model
- 1/700 Waterline Series assembly kit model of the H.M.S. Repulse.
- Model depicts the battle cruiser as she appeared when she left Singapore in December 1941.
- Gun turrets feature polycaps, enabling free rotation even after assembly.
- Parts for the amphibious Supermarine Walrus reconnaissance plane also included.
- Pose w/Item 31615 Prince of Wales & several Item 31909 E Class Destroyers to recreate the ill-fated Force Z.
- Finish this model with ITEM 85081 TS-81 British Navy Gray spray paint.