Tamiya Model Ships 1/350 IJN Yukikaze Destroyer Kit
This Product Usually Ships In 2-3 Business DaysTAM-78020
January 20 1940 saw the completion of construction of the Japanese Kagero class destroyer. Along with her sister ships Hatsukaze, Amatukaze, and Tokitukaze, she became part of the 16th destroyer division under the command of the light cruiser Jintsu. At the beginning of WWII, the 16th destroyer division was part of the force which captured the Philippines, and on December 5 1941, she took part in the fierce fighting with American forces near Palau and supported the invading forces at Legazpi. After wards, she saw action throughout the Pacific Ocean at the Dutch East Indies, Midway, Guadalcanal, and the Solomon Islands. The Yukikaze also participated in the withdrawal of Guadalcanal,also participated in sea battles at the Marianas and the Leyte Gulf. Throughout WWII, the Yukikaze took part in numerous naval battles, escort duties, and supply runs, and always returned safely from each sortie. She was among the few Japanese warships and the onl yone of her class still operational at the end of the war, and can be called the "lucky destroyer." As part of the post-war reparation agreement, the Yukikaze was transferred to the Republic of China, and in 1966 she became a reserve training ship.
- Model depicts the Yukikaze as she appeared during the 1945 Ten Ichi Go operation (Battle for Okinawa).
- Parts included to build a waterline model or a display model with full hull.
- It is possible to rotate the guns and torpedoes after assembling thanks to polycaps.
- ABS has been used for the masts to ensure strength.
- Photo-etched parts are prepared for the ladders, radio antennas etc.
- Metal chains.
- Display stand included.
- Assembled model can be displayed in the package.