With many revolutionary features incorporated into her design, the Yamato was completed in December 1941 and met her final fate at the hands of American Navy carrier aircraft in the South China Sea while on a one-way mission to Okinawa. This model features minor modifications to Tamiya's previous Yamato replicas Items 78002 and 78014 and has her looking as she did just prior to departing for her final mission, in an exquisite 1/350 scale assembly kit display model. The Yamato's massive imposing silhouette is accurately reproduced, and both the main gun turrets and secondary armament turrets can be rotated even after assembly.
- Detailed one-piece molded hull includes accurate recreations of the famous bulbous bow.
- Bridge, funnel and other parts concentrated in the center of the ship are faithfully replicated, giving the model a highly realistic feel.
- Details such as the sonar and main masts are depicted using precise engraving.
- Triple 45-caliber 46cm gun turrets feature waterproof covers and are attached individually to the deck.
- Other armaments including triple 60-caliber 15.5cm guns, twin 40-caliber 12.7cm guns, 25mm cannon mounts and more are recreated in detail.
- Gun turrets, 15m rangefinders and stern crane are movable after completion.
- Stern also features machine gun mounts.
- Includes 4 reconnaissance floatplanes.
- Features a stand which can be easily attached by screws to separately-sold 1/350 scale display case.